Are you planning a wedding as a groom and you’re wondering what kind of events are expected to be done before your wedding? Here’s one; the bachelor party. Tradition has made it part of the wedding events for a groom.
If you have no idea how the party should go, hire a bachelor party planner near you. Since this is a tradition, the question of importance comes to mind and this post uncovers the answer you need.
Why A Bachelor Party?
The bachelor party dates back to the 5th century BC in Sparta, where bachelors celebrated their transition to manhood a night before the wedding. This was always a big feast and much anticipated by people around.
Bachelor parties have since been practiced by not only the Spartans but among many countries of the world. No invention is void of change, hence, every country or people has a specific name for it and certainly a way of celebrating the groom a night before his wedding.
What Events Play Out In A Bachelor Party?
Despite having different views of the party male strip club, there are key events that make a bachelor party distinct from others.
Here are key features that can be seen in a bachelor party.
- The groom’s friends are the main guests at the party
- The groom and sometimes his friends decide how to celebrate the transition to wedlock. They could take a trip to a tourist site, a hotel, a game reserve, or anywhere they deem fit to have fun
- It could be outdoor or indoor. The aim is to have fun with the groom, at least, before he’s taken
- Assorted drinks and food aren’t left out. That’s the beauty of the outing, some bachelor parties involve cutting a cake in honor of the groom.
- The party could be organized by the beach, swimming pool, sports center or with a bonfire.
- While the party is on, friends and the groom take turns to share memories of singlehood and also secrets of their love life among other life tales
- Music is an integral part of every party, hence the favorite playlist for the groom and friends will be played all through the party
- A bachelor party is not just for unmarried friends but also the married ones. The main aim is to celebrate and support the groom in his new phase
These are a few of what plays out in a bachelor party, remember that the content of the event is based on the wish of the groom, his friends, and sometimes, societal expectations.
Is A Bachelor Party Important?
When answering such a question, what comes to mind are the many benefits the groom stands to gain during this event.
While some consider this party unnecessary owing to the inclusion of certain unhealthy and extreme activities, the initial aim of a bachelor party still makes it relevant today. Here are a few factors that show the importance of a bachelor party.
1. A Time To Connect
Though the groom and friends have always connected differently, the bachelor party has a different feel. They may not have such an opportunity to meet, connect, and have fun.
Marriage requires commitment which will require the groom to spend more time with his family. The connection that plays out in a bachelor party serves as a good memorial to the groom and his friends.
2. It’s A Time For Advice
As it is said, experience is the best teacher, married friends of the groom do have something to say as regards marriage, this prepares the groom for the expectations in marriage.
3. Financial Support
Planning a wedding and marriage requires funds, the friends of the groom don’t only fund the bachelor party, but they also gift funds to the groom.
If you intend to have a bachelor party, make sure you don’t do so much, rather focus on its key benefits.